Monday 15 October 2012

Top Ten Reasons to Study Geography

When I walked down the hall of Jacqueline's school today, I studied the large world map mounted on the wall outside the grade 5 room.  Wondering if it was up to date, I noticed that the former Yugoslavia was divided into five countries.  That was up to date enough for me.  When I last went to school, it was still one big country.  My husband has always loved geography and he has passed that love on to Jacqueline.  Here are ten humorous reasons to study geography:

1.  You will be able to point out San Jose on a map.

2.  History will make sense.

3.  You will know where coffee beans come from.

4.  Mother Teresa, the renowned saint, was a geography teacher.

5.  Michael Jordan, the famous basketball star, was a geography major.

6.  You might meet Alex Trebeck.

7.  You won't buy a train ticket from California to Hawaii.

8.  You will be able to find your way out of a paper bag.

9.  You will be able to detect David Letterman's mistakes.

10.  Lost?  No way!!!

Source:  http://geography.about.com.











No comments:

Post a Comment