2. If your shirt gets wet while you're washing dishes, you will marry a drunk.
3. If you find a horseshoe and nail it to the door, it will bring you good luck. THe same is not true however if the shoe is bought or given as a gift.
4. If you meet a magpie, a cat or a woman with a limp when you're on a trip, you will have bad luck.
5. If you kill a robin redbreast, you will never have good luck.
6. If a rooster comes to the thresh hold of your house and crows, expect visitors.
7. If you meet a funeral party on the road, you must turn and walk with the party for at least four steps to ward off bad luck.
8. If you trip and fall in a grave yard, you will most likely die by the end of the year.
9. If the first lamb of the year is black, someone in the family will die within the year.
10. It is unsafe to pick up an unbaptized child unless you make the sign of the cross.