2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
zest of two medium lemons
2 tsp lemon extract
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 container lemon blended Greek yogurt
2 tbsp butter
1/2 to 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Spray bundt pan with cooking spray and coat with plain fine bread crumbs.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. Add the butter and mix until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
5. Add lemon zest into butter mixture.
6. Add and beat in the eggs one at a time.
7. Alternately mix in flour mixture and yogurt until combined.
8. Add lemon extract.
9. Pour batter into prepared pan.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
11. Allow 10 minutes to cool then turn out completely and continue to cool on wire rack.
12. Once cake is cool, prepare glaze.
13. Melt 1 tbsp butter in microwave.
14. Stir in powdered sugar until texture is almost crumbly.
15. Add lemon juice a bit at a time to butter/sugar mixture.
16. Stir to desired consistency for drizzling.
17. Mixture should be smooth and opaque.
18. Drizzle over cake and serve.