DARK CHOCOLATE FLAN
(Better Homes & Gardens)
4 cups milk
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups sugar
edible gold leaf (optional)
1. Cook sugar on medium high heat until it starts to melt. Then cook another 5 minutes on low until it starts to melt and turns golden brown.
2. Heat chocolate in saucepan over low heat until melted. Whisk in milk and stir over medium heat until smooth.
3. In large bowl, lightly beat eggs.
4. Whisk the warm chocolate mixture, 3/4 cups sugar and cinnamon into eggs.
5. Place cake pan in large shallow roasting pan on oven rack.
6. Pour chocolate mixture into cake pan. Pour boiling water into roasting pan around cake pan to a depth of one inch.
7. Bake for 45 or 50 minutes. Remove cake pan from water. Cool. Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours.
8. To unmold cake, loosen edges with knife. Insert a serving plate over pan. Turn pan and plate over together. Remove pan.
9. If desired, garnish with edible gold leaf.
Photo courtesy pinterest.