Here are ten characteristics of happy people.
1. They express gratitude for the blessings they already have.
2. They cultivate optimism in their lives ex. The glass is half full.
3. They avoid over thinking things and comparing themselves to others.
4. They practise acts of kindness on a regular basis. Performing acts of kindness realizes seratonin in your brain, giving you a natural feeling of bliss.
5. They nurture their personal relationships. They feel part of something more meaningful than themselves.
6. They develop strategies to cope with life's problems. Have your strategies pre-rehearsed and on call.
7. They learn to forgive. For Christians, we forgive because Christ first forgave us. Besides, hate is toxic to your body. You're only hurting yourself.
8. They commit to a goal and stick with it. Having a purpose makes humans happier.
9. The take care of their bodies. Our physical and emotional state are so closely connected. A strong body means a strong mind.
10. They practise spirituality. Stay connected to God, the source of all creation.