MACARONI & CHEESE
375 ml elbow macaroni
45 ml butter
45 ml flour
500 ml sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
550 ml milk
4 ml salt
dash of pepper
1. Cook macaroni following package directions. Drain. Set aside until later.
2. In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour.
3. Add the milk and stir over medium heat until thick.
4. Add salt, pepper and grated cheese.
5. Stir until cheese melts. You have made a cheese sauce.
6. Mix the sauce with the macaroni that you have already cooked.
7. Place in a casserole dish that has been greased.
8. Bake at 375 F for about 45 minutes.
9. Serve with a salad. Makes a delicious, inexpensive dinner.
Note: 1 cup = 237 ml