2. Ninety percent of Irish Nationals are Catholics but only 30% attend church.
3. The Irish are known for their red hair, a result of the Viking influence in the 800's. However, today only 9% of the Irish population are natural redheads.
4. Dublin boasts one pub for every 100 people.
5. A book only needs to sell 3000 copies to be an Irish bestseller.
6. The River Shannon is the longest river in Ireland or Britain.
7. Cats outnumber dogs as Ireland's most popular pet by a ratio of 2 to 1.
8. Over 30,000 castles and castle ruins dot the Irish landscape.
9. As many as 73% of Americans cannot locate Ireland on a world map bereft of place names.
10. Ireland, called the Emerald Isle, is covered in lush green grasses and shamrocks.
Post a Comment