1. Drisheen: a type of pudding made from cow's, sheep's or pig's blood.
2. Periwinkles: sea snails boiled in salt water.
3. Coddles: layers of pork sausages or bacon usually thinly sliced; somewhat fatty back bacon with sliced potatoes and onions.
4. Colcannon: Mashed potatoes with kale or cabbage.
5. Barmbrack: a leavened bread with sultanas and raisins.
6. Boxty: finely grated raw potato and mashed potato mixed with flour, baking soda, buttermilk and occasionally egg, then cooked like a pancake on a griddle
7. Champ: mashed potatoes and chopped scallions with butter and milk.
8. Crubeens: boiled pig's feet.
9. Farl: a triangular quick bread.
10. Pastie: a round, battered pie of minced pork, onion, pototo and seasoning.
Post a Comment