The first question you have to answer is: "What would I like my blog to be about?" Here were some popular blog topics for 2014.
1. parenting: Mommy blogs are all the rage on the Internet. Check out my friend's blog Three Kids (A Husband) and a Teabag at threekidsandateabag.wordpress.com.
2. hobbies: Maybe you collect hockey cards like my husband. Maybe you are a knitting expert. Join a network of people who share your hobby. Check out myhockeycardobsession.blogspot.ca.
3. technology: Learn about the latest and greatest in the field of technology. Check out mashable.com.
4. politics: Engage in intense debate. Be prepared to answer questions. Grow your readership quickly. Check out Ordinary Times: On Culture & Politics at ordinary-gentlemen.com.
5. news: Share new ideas or put a new spin on an old idea. Check out huffingtonpost.com.
6. journaling: Declare your hopes and dreams to the world. Share reflections on life which resonate with readers. Check out www.livejournal.com.
7. deals/frugal living: Maybe you are a coupon queen. Perhaps you have tricks to stretch your budget. Check out www.thefrugalgirl.com.
8. DIY & design: Bring your creative skills to the Internet so that others can be inspired. Check out House Tweaking at www.housetweaking.com.
9. fitness: Help readers get fit. Check out www.irunnerblog.com.
10. food: This theme is so popular that it has its own book Food Blogging for Dummies. Check out Top with Cinnamon at www.topwithcinnamon.com.
11. history: Check sites like thisdayinhistory.com for inspiration. Check out Civil Warriors at civilwarriors.net.
12. fashion: Maybe you are a fashion design student at college. What a great forum a blog could be for your ideas! Check out Brooklyn Blonde at www.brooklynblonde.com.
13. travel: If you are a frequent traveller, blog about your trips. Check out The Traveling Type at blog.travelchannel.com.
14. books: A strong reader makes a strong writer. Post book reviews. Check out The Book Wheel at www.thebookwheelblog.com.
15. marriage: My writer friend shares her ideas about marriage at www.sheilawraygregoire.com.
16. photography: My Grandad Stroud was an amateur photographer who even won contests for some of his photos including one of my doe-eyed sister Lisa as a baby and one of a close up of a blue jay. What better way to share your prize photos than through blogging? Check out www.robertkruh.com.
17, antiques: Maybe you're addicted to the Antiques Road Show. Check out antiquesdiva.com.
18. gardening: My Grandad Tufts, a teacher, used to spend his summers gardening; in fact, his backyard was simply one big garden. Check out reddirtramblings.com voted one of the top ten gardening blogs by Better Homes & Gardens.
19. sports: If you like football, check out www.yardbarker.com.
20. music: If you like country music check out theboot.com.
Note: For more tips, check out "All of the Good Ideas are Already Taken: Tips to Help You Pick a Niche" at http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/niche-selection-tips/.
Post a Comment