1. Soup is of Sanskrit origin. "Su" and "po" mean "good nutrition".
2. Arceologists found remnants of pots used by the Japanese for fish soup some 15,000 years ago.
3. Opera Composer Verdi ate a bowl of noodle soup for inspiration.
4. An old law stated that Newfoundland seal hunters had to eat soup on Saturdays.
5. Andy Warhol's "Campbell's Soup Cans" exhibit opened at the Los Angeles Gallery on July 9, 1962. The main exhibit featured 32 paintings of every kind of Campbell's Soup.
6. There is an old German proverb which states: "He who has once burnt his mouth always blows his soup."
7. In 2011, people in the U.K. spent 617 million pounds on soup.
8. Women are two or three times more likely than men to order soup in a restaurant.
9. Soup is a great way to sneak veggies into your child's diet.
10. Creamy soups can be very fatty. One cup of light whipping cream contains 700 calories and 74 grams of fat.
Post a Comment