1. Deer are strong jumpers and swimmers.
2. A male deer is called a buck; a female is called a doe; a baby is called a fawn. A group of deer is called a herd.
3. A fawn is born with white spots, but loses them within a year.
4. A buck grows antlers which he uses to fight for the attention of a doe during the mating season.
5. Deer belong to the cervidae family along with moose and elk.
6. Deer are known to starve rather than leave their domain.
7. Just two deer without predation can produce a herd of up to 35 in 7 years.
8. Deer can live up to 11 years in the wild.
9. Fifty six percent of US farm leaders report crop damage from wildlife, the main culprit being deer.
10. Pennsylvania has 40,000 deer-vehicle collisions each year.
Post a Comment