Saturday 7 January 2017

Let Go, Surrender, Taste Freedom

"Abandon the idea that you will forever be the victim of the things that have happened to you.  Choose to be a victor." (Seth Adam Smith)



Two years ago, we took our two kids to Disney World and had the pleasure of watching a live production of Frozen.  While the Thomas and Jacqueline had already watched it in the theatre with friends, it was the first time that Rob and I had seen it.  We were enamored with the song "Let It Go". I had been hurt by someone and was having a hard time letting it go.  "Let It Go" became my mantra for the year 2015.  With Elsa on my Vision Board and with God at my side, I was liberated!

Brian Tracy recommends that if you want to be happy in life, you have to stop the blame game.  Blame requires negative emotions; it will drag you down.  Just one negative emotion can sabotage your happiness.  That's not to say that your anger is not legitimate, that you have no reason to be unhappy.  I had a good reason to feel betrayed.  However, if I had continued to feel sorry for myself, I would have hurt no one but me.  One day it hit me like a ton of bricks:  It's not my job to judge her, it's God's job.  I was able to forgive her.  A gigantic burden was lifted off my shoulders.

As Seth Adam Smith advises:  "Abandon the idea that you will forever be the victim of the things that have happened to you.  Choose to be a victor."  You can't control everything that happens to you. You will run up against obstacles, against injustice, against evil.  But you can control your reaction to it.  Say to yourself:  "I am responsible for my own happiness."  Don't let anything stand in the way of your goals.  Let it go.  

Note:  Read The Secret of Letting Go by Guy Finley at https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Letting-Go-Guy-Finley/dp/0738711985.












No comments:

Post a Comment