1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in vanilla; add flour and salt.
4. Add chocolate chips.
5. Divide dough in half.
6. Press each half into an ungreased 8 inch round pan.
7. Bake 12 minutes or until edges are golden.
8. Score each shortbread into 8 wedges, but do not cut all the way through.
9. Leave in pans and cool on racks for 10 minutes.
10. Invert onto racks and cool completely.
11. Break into wedges.
Image courtesy http://2.bp.blogspot.com.